How do I change the blade on the quick change/instant change knife?
Warning: Blades are sharp and can cause serious injury. Be extremely careful when handling blades. Wear eye protection and dispose of used blades properly, such as wrapping in duct tape.
FULLY EXTEND THE BLADE.
Press down and forward again on the slide button until the button is in the full front of the top slot (0 through 3 in the below picture).
Note- the blade must be extended beyond the 3rd detent position. This will cause the slide button to remain in a down position, allowing the blade release button to operate.
PRESS AND HOLD THE BLADE RELEASE BUTTON ON THE FRONT SIDE OF THE KNIFE. (Step 4 in the below picture)
Note- if the blade is not fully extended beyond position 3) , the blade release button will not work.
Remove the old blade carefully.
Insert new blade.
NOW, RELEASE THE BLADE RELEASE BUTTON.
ENSURE THE BLADE IS LOCKED IN PLACE. If the blade does not retract, try carefully giving a slight tug on the blade to reseat.
To access a Video of this procedure, please click here.
Attachment: 10-788 instructions2.pdf
Attachment: 10-778 Instructions.pdf
Answers Others Found Helpful
- How do I change the blade on my 15-113 Hacksaw.
- 10-789 FatMax Xtreme Twin Blade Utility Knife Instructions
- Assembly Instructions for Changing the Blade on the 10-525 FatMax Carpet Knife
- How do I change the blade in my Stanley® 28-100 Scraper?
- How do you change the blade (or reassemble) a Stanley Interlock Knife? (such as 10-379)