My iron (blade) is not parallel with the mouth on my hand plane, how do I adjust it?
If the blade cannot be adjusted parallel with the throat of your plane by using the lateral adjustment lever, you may need to readjust the frog on your plane.
To do this, remove the lever cap and plane iron from the plane and you should be able to access the screws that hold the frog in place.
Some planes may also have a clamp at the back of the frog that will also need to be loosened slightly.
Now you can readjust the frog for parallel with the mouth which will help you to align the iron with the lateral adjustment lever.
For more information on setting your Stanley plane, please see the attached.
Attachment: Setting Stanley Planes.pdf
Answers Others Found Helpful
- Where can I get a broken Stanley hand tool replaced?
- Do you have a manual for the Stanley Quick Squares?
- What are the differences between the types of planes?
- Stanley Quick Square and Pocket Square Instructions
- Where can I find instructions for the RB5 (12-105) block plane?